Crocodile Meat: An Insight Into Why It Is Healthy for Dogs!
- Is crocodile meat nutritious?
- Is crocodile meat good for dogs with kidney disease?
- Why is crocodile meat chosen as an alternative to other protein sources?
- Why do pet owners feed crocodile meat to their dogs?
- How does crocodile meat fare in taste for dogs?
- How to serve crocodile meat to your dogs?
- Where to buy the best crocodile dog food?
Mention the word crocodile one would cringe in fear due to the notorious reputation of this scaly reptile. But do you know that crocodile meat is highly-coveted in the pet industry due to the health benefits it has for allergy-prone canines?
Is crocodile meat nutritious?
Yes, the nutritional value of this protein source is beneficial not only to humans, but dogs as well. It is high in protein, rich in Omega 3 and low in fat and sodium. Thus, it can be a good substitute for other regular types of meats such as pork and chicken.
So, what makes crocodile meat the go-to protein for dogs? Here, we dig deep into the 411 of the world of crocodile meat.
Is it healthy for dogs to eat crocodile meat?
Yes, it is healthy for dogs to eat crocodile meat. Crocodile is one of the healthiest meat for dogs due to its rich vitamin and mineral content, lean meat that is full of protein, and low in cholesterol.
It is ideal for elimination diets and food trials, making it suitable for a long-term maintenance diet. Crocodile meat is rich in Omega 3, good for your heart, and full of flavour as well.
Is crocodile meat good for dogs with kidney disease?
Yes, crocodile meat may be good for dogs with kidney disease. It has been reported that a raw meat diet with 60-80% meat, and a combination of cereal or vegetable and vitamins, which is low in sodium and phosphate, and high in Omega 3 fatty acids make this protein source suitable for dogs suffering from early to mid-stage renal failure.
Why is crocodile meat chosen as an alternative to other protein sources?
Crocodile meat is chosen as an alternative to other protein sources due to its high nutritional value. Crocodile meat is often used in novel food protein diets for allergy-prone dogs since it can help to alleviate skin allergies such as dermatitis. This is because the primary rule for combating skin allergies in dogs is to feed them a protein that they have never eaten before.
Why do pet owners feed crocodile meat to their dogs?
Pet owners switch to crocodile-based dog foods for a couple of reasons:
- To tempt finicky dogs - Crocodile meat is a great choice for picky canines who refuse to eat conventional proteins such as chicken or beef.
- Food allergies or intolerances - Dogs can develop a food allergy which requires them to switch to a novel protein. Crocodile meat is also a great choice for dogs who can't tolerate fatty foods well.
- A leading novel protein diet - Crocodile meat is good for dogs as it is a truly novel single protein source that suits even the most sensitive dog. Not only that, crocodile meat can help to maintain and build strong muscles.
How does crocodile meat fare in taste for dogs?
Most dogs respond well to the taste of crocodile meat. The taste and texture of crocodile meat is delicious and wholesome as well since it is white meat. Some have compared the meat texture of crocodile meat to chicken and said that it tastes similar in that it is light. Crocodile meat is juicy, tender, and succulent but with a firm springy texture.
How to serve crocodile meat to your dogs?
Crocodile meat can be served in a variety of ways to your dog. You can choose from freeze-dried, frozen, or gently cooked. As an alternative, there are some delicious crocodile meat recipes for dogs taken from the internet. For example, you can prepare tummy-warming and comforting broths or big juicy pieces of crocodile steak for your dog!
Where to buy the best crocodile dog food?
If you're looking to buy crocodile meat for your dog, Petcubes' gently cooked crocodile is formulated for dogs with multiple food allergies. Each standard packing of gently cooked crocodile meat contains 4 serving cubes that you can just thaw and serve for your easy convenience. It is low in fat and packed with protein, vitamins and minerals.
To date, crocodile meat is still the new kid on the block despite having an added advantage over its competitors. But watch out for this dark horse, as it will rise to become the meat of the future for dogs especially when a regular diet is no longer palatable. Let your dog try this delicious protein today.